🥑👟Recipes to boost your energy!👟🥑
I know you probably hear the term “food for fuel” all the time but it really is all about choosing the right foods to keep your energy levels up and keep you fuller for longer.
Healthy and nutritious meals will provide everything your body needs making you feel fantastic – so make the best choices you can 😋
Are you peckish for some weekend treats?
Try our not so naughty recipes for a healthier version 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend x
There is no one thing that is the key to achieving optimal health. A person’s overall daily routine is what is most important- small changes daily can make all the difference.
Here are our top actions for working toward a healthier you this Summer:
- Embrace the basics. Eating right doesn’t have to be complicated. Forget the fad diets and adopt a healthy eating plan that is for the long term!
- Move more. Aim to get at least 30 minutes of moderate activity a day- such as walking, or whatever activity you like to do!
- Be smoke/alcohol free. Make a plan for the challenges you will face and keep trying your best.
- Schedule sleep. Sleep is so important!! Make sleep a priority to enjoy a more focused, energy-filled lifestyle. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Create a relaxing bed-time routine and change your electronic device settings to the “night-shift” mode- even try magnesium supplements.
- Connect with others. Building a community of people who can help you through life’s ups and downs is a vital step towards happiness and good health. Invest in relationships that provide encouragement and accountability to both parties.
- Stress Less. Take time to de stress in whichever way works for you!
- Work toward or maintain a healthy weight. If you are overweight, work toward losing 5-7% of your weight to significantly reduce your health risks. Studies show that individuals who track their intake using an app, such as myfitnesspal, lose more weight and keep it off compared to those who don’t track.
- Set SMART goals. General goals such as “exercise more” are not effective. A SMART goal is Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, and Timely. “I will walk 20 minutes over my lunch break on Tuesdays and Thursdays” is a SMART goal.
- Stay positive. Health goals don’t always go as planned. When you face challenges, focus on all of the positive changes you have made, no matter how small they seem. Treat yourself with kindness, like you would a good friend.
Good luck on your journey x
Did you know that your digestive system accounts for around 70% of your immunity function?!
This is why what you eat is so important in building up immunity even in the Summer!
Here are our top tips to boost your immunity:
Eating probiotic-rich naturally fermented foods like sauerkraut, pickles, kimchi, or kombucha gives your gut bug population a boost and keeps your immune system strong.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains pre-biotic fibers, or food for the PRObiotics! Feed your bugs!
3. Cut the Sugar
If you feel even a tickle in your throat, immediately get rid of ALL sources of added sugar in your diet. Sugar creates an inflammatory response throughout the body, and your germ-fighting white blood cells will be occupied with the task of fighting that all-over inflammation instead of being free to tackle an invading virus or bacteria.
4. Lemon & Ginger
Lemon has natural antibacterial properties and a high dose of vitamin c, known to aid in immune response. Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory and can aid a sore throat and break up congestion, if you’re already feeling a cold.
5. Turmeric tea
Turmeric Tea is a real immune booster and so easy to make – check out our recipe
During the Summer tomatoes are very much in season in the UK and come in many variations, read what types you will find in your shops and some great tomato based recipes:
Sweet, crisp and firm with an intense flavour.
My favourite- juicy and delicious in soups, stews and sauces.
Fragrant with a meaty texture great for salads/ snacks.
MINI SAN MARZANO
Great for rich sauces these are super juicy!
TOP TIP- For a beautiful salad mix different colours of tomatoes.- kids love this too!
Recipes to try:
Buggy Beat Parent and Baby Outdoor Cross Training Classes Launch in The UK
Buggy Beat is a new group exercise class launched by Fitness Presenter and programme creator Rachel Holmes.
Instructors have been training for the last month and are now launching classes live all over the UK.
Buggy Beat is a class for all levels encouraging parents back into fitness in a welcoming and social atmosphere.
The workouts include resistance bands, floor work, dynamic and cardio working to the abilities of the group.
Following the successful training of the first set of Instructors Rachel was amazed by the overwhelmingly positive feedback from the first classes that have launched
” I created this class for the Mums and Guardians getting back into fitness with their little ones. A place for parents to socialise and get fit in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I can’t believe how successful the classes have been and I have a brilliant set of coaches now teaching classes from Aberdeen to Surrey.” Said Rachel.
Classes are now launching all over the UK this spring for all fitness levels and abilities, here are some of the behind the scenes pictures: